Example post

As a preservice teacher, I was exposed to a wide variety of evolving pedagogical beliefs and teaching strategies, including HITS (DETV, 2019) known to increase student learning outcomes (Hattie, 2009). These strategies instantly resonated with me and I utilised them to target my teaching (Goss et al., 2015) throughout my final practicum placements, planning explicit, well-structured, collaborative lessons, aimed at achieving student learning goals, guided by formative feedback, achieving the complete cycle of inquiry (Timperley, 2011).

As a beginning teacher, it is my job to provide all students with excellence and equity in education (COAG, 2019). I will empower my students to overcome their weaknesses by identifying learning goals and promoting self-sufficient, independent learners. I believe the data I collect and share with parents will reflect these lifelong skills, highlighting to parents their child’s growth, across all aspects of their development, including life skills. Rubrics and grades are a necessity of the education system, to inform moderation (Department of Education & Child Development (DECD), 2016), and reporting decisions, and as such, I will participate in these processes and share my students learning with my colleagues, which in turn will inform my future planning decisions (Timperley, 2011). Additionally, I recognise I am responsible for student safety and wellbeing; therefore, I will refer to the Department of Education Queensland’s website, policies, and documents, plus my employer’s handbook to ensure I am implementing best practice. As a beginning teacher, I have engaged in Professional Development regarding the Code of Conduct (2020) and believe it will guide my interactions with students, families, and the public moving forward.

Comment on this post

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Step 1 of 2
Please sign in first
You are on your way to create a site.
Skip to toolbar