Please take some time to introduce yourself

Welcome to this COP.

Please introduce yourself in  the blog below

5 Responses

1. rod.fogarty at |

Hi all,
    My name is Rod Fogarty and I have been an educator for 31 years this year. I started my career as a pre-service teacher at the DDIAE/UCSQ before starting as a beginning teacher at Chillagoe State School. After travelling around the state for the next 15 or so years, I left the Department of Education and studied a Biology degree. One thing led to another and here I am as a lecturer in Teacher Education.

I’ve been using ePorts with final semester education students for a loooong time now and have seen the benefit of them for helping students understand their readiness for their chosen profession and gaining employment.

Looking forward to working with you all and thanks for the amazing support so far!
    Cheers
    Rod

Reply
    1. siancarlyon at |

Hi Rod,

Hoping you will notice an increase in student engagement with the templates from Create@USQ. We hope they will be easy for them (and you, of course) to use. Thanks for being a part of the Pilot!

cheers
      Sian

Reply
  2. nathan.beel at |

It’s good to know you are experienced in the e-portfolio space. I ventured into Mahara when I first started at USQ over a decade ago and it quickly became a memory. I may call on your knowledge at some stage.
    Regards
    Nathan

Reply
    1. rod.fogarty at |

Hi Nathan. Absolutely! I recall meeting you on one or two visits to Fraser Coast.
      Cheers
      Rod

Reply
  3. julielindsay at |

Hi all, as you know I lead the Digital Learning Innovation team in OALT and we are supporting academics with portfolio development and pedagogical implementation.
    As an aside….I have been working with digital portfolios for 25 years….it’s hard to believe, but when I was teaching in Melbourne in the mid 90’s at a K-12 independent school I was leading the online portfolio initiative then…..and here we are in 2021 continuing to talk about how important this is. I am excited to be working with such an ambitious and dedicated group of academics for the CampusPress pilot. Onwards!

Reply