About me

My name is Susie Brodie and I am currently studying to become a Primary School Teacher through the University of Southern Queensland. I reside on a remote cattle station in Western Queensland and I have a deep passion for teaching students in rural and remote communities. Growing up over 110 kilometres from the nearest small town, I had a very different education to those in larger towns and cities. My mother taught myself and my three brothers via School of Distance Education, and when I was in Year 8, I was fortunate to experience five years of boarding school in Toowoomba. Students in rural settings often do not have access to the opportunities that I have had. It is my hope that upon completion of this degree, I can teach in outback communities and provide rich, exciting learning experiences to those students.

Assisting students with a Dance routine.
All smiles with my pet calf Alfred.
I am extremely passionate about the people, animals and lifestyle of rural and regional areas of Australia, and I look forward to working in various outback communities with my teaching career.