The top 10 reasons why you should create a portfolio
If you are ever in doubt as to the importance of creating a personal/professional portfolio, here are 10 reasons to help you get motivated….
- A portfolio helps you craft and present evidence-based and professional knowledge, skills and dispositions.
- A portfolio reveals your employability through sharing carefully selected artefacts and reflections that identify skills and competencies.
- You can share your CV through your portfolio.
- A portfolio is a way to connect and interact with others. Interaction often takes place via the blogging feature where viewers can comment.
- Creating a portfolio enhances your digital and online literacy which are also good employability skills.
- A learning portfolio is often used for assessment, such as reflective posts.
- A portfolio stores and shares multimedia creations for assessment or other purposes.
- A portfolio stores such items as documents, photos, videos or links that have meaning to you.
- A portfolio supports your ‘brand of me’ customisation and personalisation and how you want to promote yourself to others.
- A portfolio helps foster global connections and networks through sharing experiences and career development.