Getting Started: Resources to help you setup, customize and manage your Create@UniSQ Site
Setting Up Site Menus
Most themes in the Create@UniSQ collection support custom menus which allow you to customize your navigation menu and/or add a top navigation to your site.
This allows you to:
- Re-arrange, add, and remove items from the menu bar at the top of your site
- Change the order of links in your navigation menus
- Create nested sub-menus of links (sometimes known as ‘drop down’ menus)
- Publish posts to different pages on your blog using post categories. This is handy if you want to categorize posts for each subject you are studying and posting on subject pages
- Add custom links to another website in your navigation menu – eg. your social media pages or another personal website.
- Create a custom menu for your sidebar.
Explore the slides below for more information on how to edit your Site Menu:
Some themes include more than one menu position in your site design. This can be handy for setting up main and secondary menus.
Check out the menu settings in your Theme Customiser to see what options your preferred theme offers.
Check out the CampusPress Guide to Menus for more info – https://docs.campuspress.com/en/articles/490-create-custom-menu