Getting Started: Resources to help you setup, customize and manage your Create@UniSQ Site
Adding Images and Videos
Images help to illustrate your ideas and engage your readers and are an important part of any online publication.
Create@UniSQ includes tool that allow you to add images and diagrams to your posts and pages, embed videos and slideshows and share links to social media on your site.
Explore the slides below to find out more about adding images to pages and posts
Explore the slides below to find out more about adding videos to posts or pages
There are some great sources for free videos and images online, however, you must consider your copyright and intellectual property responsibilities whenever you add an video or image to your Create@UniSQ site.
Other Useful Resources on Copyright include:
Explore the following links for further info about using Images in Posts or Pages:
Explore the following links for further info about using Videos in Posts or Pages:
Finding Digital Media
The following sites are usful for sourcing digital content for your Create@UniSQ Site:
- FlatIcons – Free icons
- The Noun Project – a great source for icons.
- Flickr Creative Commons Search – Search Flickr, and then choose Creative Commons only from the Licenses dropdown menu to refine your results.
- Pixabay – a repository of public domain pictures.
Pixabay includes photos, videos, illustrations and even music. Licenses vary, so check the images or other content you’re using for the license conditions.
- Unsplash – a repository of public domain pictures. Unsplash images are typically in the Public Domain and don’t require attribution, but attributing does acknowledge the creator and it’s a nice thing to do.
- Vecteezy – Free Vector Art.
- Wikimedia Commons – freely licensed images, sound files, and other media.
- CC Search is an aggregated search of common sources of Creative Commons licensed materials.